Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Wantable Makeup Box April 2014

My April Wantable Makeup box arrived in the mail yesterday! Wantable.com is a monthly subscription service that offers a Makeup, Accessories or Intimates (socks, tanks, undergarments) box for $36. You can skip any month if you want to take a break or want to save money.


The Knobs:

- DEX New York Bedford Ave. lipstick in 'Tan' (retails for $22)
- Sorme Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black (retails for $19)
- 'Tini Beauty Eye Cordial in 'Frothe' (retails for $18)
- Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in 'Apple Pink' (retails for $19)

Total box value = $78


The Bobs:

I've received a DEX lipstick in both boxes I've tried so far. This brand seems to be great but it would be nice to receive some other brands to try. This particular color is 'Tan' which is another odd thing, I ordered a spring box and was sent a brown toned Fall/Winter color? I have warms and pinks listed in my love/like quiz section and I really hope that I start getting softer and lighter colors in the future.

The color is very nice and the formula is non-drying. It is fairly dark on me but it does give me a chance to try a bronzed pink. It would make a great cool season color.


A new brand to try! Again, not really a color I was hoping for or expecting for the spring box. It's a white cream and the formula is very smooth. It is skin toned on me and doesn't really show up but it does make a great base for loose shadow!

It's in lip gloss tube so this would make a great primer or travel highlight color.





I was really excited to receive something like this! It has one of the neatest lip packaging I've ever seen. The thin part of the lid even has a built in lip brush! So neat. (:

The color is a very pretty dark spring pink and applies smoothly with a matte finish.




Swatch time!



From top to bottom:

'Tini Beauty in 'Frothe'
DEX Bedford Ave. in 'Tan'
Cailyn Lip Balm in 'Apple Pink' (love that name)






Sorme is a brand that I'm not familiar with. The formula is nice and doesn't seem to clump. It's an amazing mascara! I didn't see any smudging until wearing for around 6 hours.

Sorme seems to be a fairly new brand and not easily purchased yet.



Final Thoughts:

This was a good box at a great value!

If I can't wear the lipstick I have family with darker skin tones that would love to try it out.

I tried limiting my quiz down to only things I would use and so far so good. I'm already looking forward to May!

No comments:

Post a Comment