Friday, April 11, 2014

Birchbox April 2014

I recently subscribed to a $10 monthly sample box called Birchbox. I've been hearing a lot about them and decided to give it a try. Many people compere and contrast Ipsy and Birchbox, but from what I've seen they offer completely different services. The price is the only similar point. Both are hit and miss.

The Knobs:

All products are sample size or part of a set.

- BeeKind Body Lotion (full size retails $15)
- Color Clud in 'Gold Struck' (set of 4 retails $13)
- Sumita Eye Pencil in 'Suman' (full size retails $11)
- Atelier Cologne in 'Orange Sanguine' (full size retails $65-$170)

Extra- KIND snacks Healthy Grains Bar in 'Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt (15 count $11.88)


The Bobs:

The BeeKind lotion and Atelier Cologne are my favorite items from the box.

I'm not sure how I feel about having a free fragrance sample count as an item though..something about that doesn't sit right with me. I get fragrance samples free at the mall or when ordering online all the time. While it says Cologne, it's actually available in the womens section of the Birchbox store and has a very nice warm citrus smell. The BeeKind lotion has a very light and pleasant scent. It absorbs quickly and does not leave an oily residue.

Gold Struck is 1 of 4 mini polishes available in the Color Club Gala's Gem Collection set. A very pretty ivory pink gold shimmer polish. The formula is opaque after two coats but very streaky.

The black Sumita eyeliner is an excellent product! I received a small sample size in this box. It doesn't smudge, is long lasting and does an amazing job tight lining and filling the waterline.


The extra item was a tasty grain bar!

I've never tried this brand but I have seen it in the marketplace. It didn't really taste any different from other granola bars. But it was very filling and a nice treat to find in my box!



Final  Thoughts:

Very much worth the $10. Regardless of having a free fragrance sample counted as an actual item, the box was well worth the money. Birchbox is about sampling new brands and they delivered exactly what they promised. I look forward to May and continuing my subscription with them. They get brownie points for sending me tracking information and delivering everything before Ipsy even revealed their theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment