Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Julep April 2014 Mystery Box

This might be my last mystery box from Julep.com. At $25 it is a good value, but only if you don't already have what you receive. This one is a good bit better than last months, but I'm not too keen on receiving the exact same skin product that was in the Lucky Box. Instead of giving similar products and polishes that most mavens already own, why not let us try some new releases or beauty products? I know that Julep has been developing and releasing lots of new beauty goodies and would love to try some of them. Or at least don't give the same products back-to-back.

Update: I made a post on their facebook page about receiving duplicates from last month and that I really liked Emerson. The comment was not negative. They deleted it. I have no idea what to think about that. There are comments from frustrated customers that are negative and have not been removed. The only reason I can think that it was deleted was that I revealed that they were sending duplicates? So I will be taking a break from Julep.

The Knobs:

There wasn't an option to include a mystery add-on with this months mystery box. I chose the box with the baby blue/black speckled 'Emerson' polish.

A good assortment of colors, much better than last months fall left overs. With the exception of 'Tatiana' (orange glitter polish). I've received that particular polish 3-4 since becoming a Maven five months ago. Please stop including that polish in boxes Julep.


The Bobs:

From left to right:

Max- Clear polish with black/white glitter specks.

Yumi- Pink/silver clear glitter.

Emerson- Baby blue with black glitter/specks. This polish is limited edition for the April Mystery Box.

Swatching the limited edition Emerson polish.


A beautiful spring polish and one of my new favorites! It goes on fairly sheer but is easily buildable to give a fully opaque color. It does has a slight bumpy texture due to the glitter bits, but adding a top coat smooths everything out perfectly.

The other mystery box included a cool pink/purple polish with black glitter bits. I'm glad I went with Emerson, the blue looks very nice with my light skin and pink undertones.

Josephine- Smokey dark denim blue cream.

Tatiana (again)- Autumn orange glitter.

Another Glycolic Hand Scrub and seed packet. Just like last month. There was also a little Luxe Repair sample. I already own the full product but maybe someone in my family would like to try it.


I'm excited to finally try Juleps Lip Vernis!

Peony- Pinkish blush nude cream gloss.

This gloss smells nice, applies smoothly and is very moisturizing.




Final Thoughts:

2 of the 7 products I received were also sent in last months months mystery box. My absolute favorite box was when we got to choose between polish or beauty products. Since I haven't tried even half of the skin and beauty line there wasn't any product overlap. Maybe try coordinating colors to match the season? Some bright colors would be great to try out in the warmer months.

Even so, the products are great and I love the new polishes! If you're new to Julep you will probably love the mystery boxes. I was able to use the code PERK30 and get the box for only $17 so I'm not that frustrated by the product overlap.

No comments:

Post a Comment