Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Glossybox March 2014

I decided to give Glossybox one more try. I'm pretty impressed with the items and it actually shipped on time this month!

These seem to be hit or miss and the customer service has never been very good. I'm not fond of the fact that they keep deleting comments and blocking certain customers from posting on their facebook page. But the value of items in this months box plus the fact that it shipped in a reasonable amount of time has me considering re-subscribing for next month.

The Knobs: 

- Alex and Ani: Scent 7 Hand Cream (retails for $16)
- Etre Belle Cosmetics: Liplift Peel (retails for $17.80)
- Sisley Paris: Black Rose Cream Mask (2.1 oz full size retails for $158)
- Alterna Haircare: Bamboo Volume Plumping Strand Expand (4 oz full size retails for $22)
- Nails Inc: Baker Street (.33 oz full size retails for $9.50)


Bonus Item: Alex and Ani Swan Charm Bangle (retails for $28)


The Bobs:



The Alex and Ani hand cream included in the box was a full size product! It has a nice and fresh smell that's hard to place but I really like it. I does a great job moisturizing, leaving my hands feeling very soft. I love that it doesn't feel oily!

I may consider purchasing more products from this company.







I have a problem with dry lips so this is a great product to try out. The fact that it's full size is even better!

The instructions say to apply a small amount to the lips in a circular motion once a week or as needed. Remove after a minute with a damp cotton pad.

After one application it does seem to have helped with exfoliating a little but wasn't very moisturizing. I had to apply a lip butter after using this product.



The product has a nice scent and actually seems to work pretty well. The packaging was a little warped but this is just a sample size so it's no issue.

The directions on the tube say to massage into freshly cleaned damp hair from root to tip, then blow dry as usual.

I don't use a blow dryer on my hair but even allowing it to air dry gave me good results. I'm sure blow drying would work twice as well though!




I'm only 25 so I don't really need or want to use a youth mask. So I'll be handing this off to an older family member that might be interested in using it. At only 0.38 oz It's a really small sample. I'm not sure how many uses this will give someone.

The product smells really nice. The original full size product is incredibly expensive! $158 for a 2.1 oz product sounds ridiculous to me.





I'm always excited to receive new nail polish and colors to try in subscription boxes!

I have not tried this brand before. The formula is very smooth and streak free. It was pretty opaque in one coat but two coats would most likely be needed with such an eye catching color.

This is a pretty good polish sample at 0.13 oz.





Swatch time! I'm wearing 'Baker Street' with one coat. This color looks great on light skin like mine and would probably also compliment ladies with darker complexions.

This color isn't something I would pick up in a store but it actually looks really nice on me. I've already received a compliment today! (:

Such a nice Cobalt Blue.



And last, but certainly not least, the bonus jewelry item!

This is a $28 trendy silver Swan bangle from Alex and Ani. I don't have anything like this and I really like it! Their site has some very lovely jewelry pieces.

It looks great worn alone or with other bracelets.








Final Thoughts:

I actually really liked this box! Some very nice luxury products to try and a new accessories line to check out. At  $21 this box was a great value. The two full sized products and bangle come to $61.80 alone; that and two deluxe samples were well worth the wait. Great job Glossybox and thank you for a wonderful month!

No comments:

Post a Comment