Friday, April 25, 2014

Lip Factory April 2014

My Lipfactory Inc. box came in the mail today! So excited to receive this one, I've been hearing a lot of good things about it and was curious to see what mix of colors I would get. Each month Lip Factory sends out a beauty box containing an assortment of full sized products. At $22 it is an amazing value and one of my favorite subscription services!


The Knobs:

- OFRA Lipstick in '109 Toffee' (retails for $13)
- Color Club polish in 'Soft as Cashmere' (retails for $8)
- NYX Lip Butter in 'Peaches and Cream' (retails for $5)
- Be a Bombshell Eye Crayon in 'Black Jack' (retails for $14)
- Be a Bombshell Eye Shadow in 'tempted' (retails for $14)
- Jesses's Girl Kohl Liner in 'Dark Brown' (retails for $1.99)

Total Box Value = $55.99



The Bobs:


This lipstick is wonderful! Absolutely perfect 'my lips but better' shade for everyday use.

A very soft, lightly pigmented and moisturizing formula. Some woman prefer high pigmentation but I find that buildable lipstick looks much better for everyday use.

I will be looking into this brand more. The packaging is a nice simple lightweight plastic.

I want to start out by saying that Color Club is a nice and affordable polish brand and they have a great line up of color. But this olive tan shade looks awful on me and doesn't say Spring at all. Is it 'in' right now to wear dark Fall/Winter colors in Spring? Because out of three recent boxes I've received all of them had really dark polishes.

Personal preference aside this is a very nice polish and if you love neutrals you may like this shade. It has a good formula and no streaking.





Here is a swatch of the nail color. It's not very flattering on me unfortunately. It requires two coats for full opacity.

I really appreciate the full size polish and will be sure to gift this to someone in my family that would like it, but placing such a murky color in the 'Welcome Spring' box has me scratching my head.


Finally, a Spring color!!

NYX is a great line of good and affordable cosmetic products. Despite it's bright color it actually looks very nice when applied lightly. It moisturizing, not sticky and smells very nice!

Be a Bombshell is a fairly well known cosmetics line.

This black eye crayon works great as a thick eye pencil or to give a very nice smokey look. It allows you to easily draw the color right on the lid.

The formula is smooth, blends easily and doesn't smudge too much.
Two Be a Bombshell products in this months box!

And what a pretty color. This is a wonderful Spring/Summer color and it looks very nice when worn with pink lip color and brown liner/mascara.

The formula is smooth and pigmented.
I've been slowly falling in love with Jesse's Girl cosmetics. The brand is super affordable and is still comparable with higher end drug store lines.

I'm so happy this is a brown and not a black! Black liner is just too much for me. Brown looks much better with light skin and blond hair.

The formula is really smooth and long lasting. I didn't notice any smudging after wearing it today. Much like their lip liner the cap has a built in sharpener. So with just a twist of the cap I can keep everything precise.



Here are swatches of all products listed.

From top to bottom:

OFRA lipstick '109' - 

NYX Butter Gloss 'Peaches and Cream' - 

Be a Bombshell 'Black Jack' - 

Jessie's Girl Eyliner 'Dark Brown' - 

Be a Bombshell Eyeshadow 'tempted' - 




Final Thoughts:

Really amazing box this month, thank you very much Lip Factory! Only thing I will not be keeping is the polish and that's only because of the color. The product itself works great!

So many new products and colors to try. I'm really looking forward to May!



No comments:

Post a Comment