Monday, April 14, 2014

Ipsy April 2014

My April Ipsy bag arrived in the mail today! Theme of the month: Beauty Rocks!


The Knobs:

- Sexy Hair: Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse
- City Color: Mousse Shadow & Highlight in 'White Gold' (full size)
- Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in 'Apple Pink' (full size)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in 'Black Velvet' (travel size)
- dr. brandt: Microdermabrasion skin exfoliant


The Bobs:

To give a little bit of a closer look~

Big Sexy is a fairly well known hair brand. I've never personally used it but I have heard good things about it. It also smells nice, which is a plus with hair products.

City Color is brand that I am unfamiliar with. My bag came with the full size product that retails for $3.99. This mousse can be used as a highlighter or shadow base. It has a very odd green tint to it but when blended in it does produce a nice dewy gold sheen. A little goes a very long way! It doesn't take but a tiny dab to cover the entire eyelid area. It works as a great base but does fade after a few hours and rub off easily. I have sensitive skin and didn't notice any redness or irritation after wearing it during the day.

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in 'Apple Pink' for the second time this month. I received this exact same product and color in another subscription box with no relation to Ipsy earlier in April. I got a good chuckle out of receiving it again. I love the product and was very happy to get another one! The color is a pretty dark pink and the thin part of the lid comes apart to reveal a built in lip brush applicator. My bag came with the full size which retails for $19. Great for traveling!

Like everyone else on Ipsy I was excited to receive an Urban Decay liner! Easy application, long lasting and no smudging. I normally only wear brown if I even use liner, but it's always nice to have a black color around and experiment with new styles.

dr. brandt is a brand I've seen but never tried. Their products tend to be pricey. It will take several uses to see if it's helping clear up discoloration and acne scars.


Final Thoughts:

Ipsy Glam Bags cost only $10 each month and they never cease to amaze me. The two full sized products alone are worth $23 in total. Along with the large samples and travel sized products this is one of my favorite bags so far. Thank you Ipsy! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment