Friday, November 15, 2013

Julep Maven 'Boho Glam' Starter Box

I recently signed up as a Maven on Julep.com, a monthly beauty box subscription service. For $20 a month I get 2 full size nail polishes as well as a full size beauty product. The referral link I provided takes you to the beauty quiz, which will place you into one of several available style profiles. The profile you choose to be in determines what colors or product types you will receive. You are free to switch profiles each month if you want to try something new.

If you would like to try out the service the code FREEBOX will get you a free starter Maven box to try out. You can cancel the service at any time.

I wrote all of that up to better explain the starter box that I received today (yay!), accompanied by the usual terrible quality photos I've come to expect from my terrible lighting and older iPhone.

Note to self: Get a new camera and stop doing posts at night!

So lets get started!

I have been placed into the category 'Boho Glam' and I have to say that it's pretty spot on.

Included in my starter box (only pay for shipping):

'Michelle' - Deep Dark Navy Blue Cream
'Tatiana' - Sparkly Burnt Orange with Gold Glitter
'Julep Luxe Repair Skin Serum' (full size)

Store add-ons I decided to get (cost $10):

'Isla' - Winter White Shimmer
'Fina' - Frosty Light Blue Shimmer



Original polish price $14 each
Original Luxe Repair $28

That's a lot of product for $10.






(close up of polishes)









Even though I have a very light complexion, I feel that 'Michelle' looked gorgeous on my nails! I've never been able to comfortably pull off a dark color before. I would have no problem at all wearing this as an everyday dark color.

I will be reviewing the other colors after I wear 'Michelle' for a few days to see how it holds up with a base and top coat.

First impression: The polish seemed thick at first but applied beautifully after only one coat! I don't have anything more than one coat on in the photo. Very opaque, easy to apply and no streaking.

Edit: I wore this polish for a week and the only thing I noticed was the color at the tip of the nail starting to wear off. So this particular color is nice and long wearing!


No comments:

Post a Comment