Thursday, November 14, 2013

Current Eye Shadow Favorites

I tend to keep my eye makeup light and as natural/neutral as possible. At times I will add a little extra bright peach or cream. Some of my favorite colors that complement my light complexion and green eye color are plums, burnt reds, creams, chocolates and grey mauve's. I try to avoid black, white, blue and greens as they tend to wash me out.




Honeybee Gardens Inc. 'Sunset Strip'
Zuzu Luxe 'Odyssey'
L'Oreal Infallible 'Bronzed Taupe'
Pixi Nude Shade Wardrobe 'Cafe au Lait'







My favorite of the bunch would have to be the Zuzu Luxe Shadow. I have sensitive eyes and this brand, while a little pricey, has a very smooth and creamy consistency. The colors are pigmented and little to no fallout. Very impressive for an organic cosmetic line.

____________________________________

Recently I purchased two Urban Decay palettes on sale! (Huzzah)

The formula and consistency of these shadows are amazing. I will certainly be purchasing more in the future.


Urban Decay The Great and Powerful Oz 'Glinda'
Original $40   Sale $24

Colors I like to use:

'Tornado' - Dark Shimmery Purple
'Aura' - Opalescent Blue and Shimmer Cream duo
'Illusion' - Iridescent Light Peach
'South' - Grey Shimmer Taupe

The palette also comes with a travel size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in 'Rockstar' and full size Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Color in 'Glinda'. Both products apply very smoothly and the colors are wonderful. I wish I could purchase the High Gloss 'Glinda' outside the palette. The color is just a shade darker than my own lip color and is the perfect lip product for me.

The only color I seemed to have a problem with was the gold section of the 'Oz' duo shadow. It came off flaky and had too many chunky glitter pieces that ended up all over my face. The color was very muted looked more dirty brown than gold. But the Silver color is the most amazing silver glitter shadow I've ever seen! I'm sure a single shadow with that silver would become very popular.

Urban Decay Feminine Palette
Original $36  Sale $16

Colors I like to use:

'Bordello' - Sparkly Chocolate Pinky
'Skimp' - Light Creamy Skin Tone Shimmer
'AC/DC' - Dark Grey/Purple Shimmer
'Lost' - Medium Chocolate Shimmer


All of the shadows in this palette are gorgeous and pigmented! I have used 'Hijack' and 'Gunmetal' as liners to give my eyes a little pop on occasion. It comes with a tiny Lip Junkie Gloss in 'Wallflower' and while slightly sticky, would complement any skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment