Friday, August 15, 2014

July/August 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag

I've been traveling lately and haven't had time to update here much. Especially since I don't think anyone actually reads this blog. But that's ok, this is just for fun.

Ipsy is a $10 monthly beauty subscription service. If you are interested in checking the service yourself please feel free to use mt referral link here.


July

-Models Own polish in 'Red Sea'

-Pur~Lisse Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30 sample

-Clear Clinic Laboratories Spot Treatment sample

-bareMinerals 5-in-1 Cream Shadow sample

- Pixi Beauty Mini Tinted Balm in 'Unique Pink'



The Knobs and Bobs:

A nice balance of skin and makeup products this month. The bag is cute and water resistant, which makes it useful for beach or pool trips.

Pur~Lisse is a great brand and their samples are always appreciated. I love the fact that this moisturizer has a good level of spf in it.

Models Own 'Red Sea' has large glitter speck in it. The formula was a little sticky and it was chipping after 24 hours. I gave it to a younger family members and she absolutely loves it. It's a fun affordable polish.

Clear Clinics Spot Treatment works miracles! It's a very strong medicated treatment, but helps get rid of or heal acne in a day or two.

bareMinerals recently released a new 5-in-1 line of cream eye shadows. I received a nude color that works great as both a primer and shadow. It does do some serious creasing after a few hours though.

I'm already a big fan of Pixi Beauty and their products, but I've never tried their tinted balm. Mine came in the bag already slightly squished into the lid. I've noticed that the lid just won't stay on. It looks like someone forced it very tightly and crushed the tip to keep the lid on. The sample is a great size with a twist base and good amount of product. The color actually darkens when you apply it. Very neat!


August

-Cali Cosmetics Evulcano Body Creme sample

-Lord & Berry Silk Kajal  Kohl Liner sample

- Bee All Natural Organic Grapefruit Lip Balm

- Urban Decay Perversion Mascara sample

-Manna Kadar Sheer Glo Shimmer Lotion sample




I'm seeing a pattern over the past two months. Samples. Samples everywhere. Ipsy used to provide affordable beauty products and mostly full sized. The only full size this month was the lip balm. Maybe it's just been a slow season.

The Cali Cosmetics Body Creme smells wonderful! I love lemon scented things and it applies smoothly while providing long lasting moisture.

The Lord & Berry liner sample is incredibly tiny. The liner applies very smoothly and the color is vibrant. However, it smudges at the slightest touch. It is not long lasting.

Bee All Natural is a brand I'm unfamiliar with. The balm smells nice, applies smoothly and does not leave behind any sticky lip residue. It's very moisturizing!

Urban Decay has recently come out with their new Pervasion mascara. The formula is thick and the brush applicator is very soft. It does give lashes a very nice boost! But be warned that it's hard to layer without getting 'spider leg' lashes. The first time  I applied I had to remove everything due to serious clumping. I scraped some excess off the brush and was able to apply a much smoother application.

I've worn it all day and there doesn't appear to be too much smudging.


And finally we have the Manna Kadar Shimmer lotion sample. It's very smooth and blends in perfectly when used with other products or alone. However, I don't really see much of a change when it's used. If I apply it alone I can make out a little bit of a pink toned shine. But once blended in it seems to disappear on my skin. It could be I'm not using it right or it just won't show up on pale complexions. It's such a pretty peach color that it may show up better on tan to darker skin tones.


Final Thoughts:

Both July and August were nice months. Nothing really stands out but nothing I hated. All of the products can either be used or gifted to someone that can use them. At $10, the bags are a great value.

I hope to see more makeup products for the coming fall months. Warm seasons are usually more skin oriented and light on the cosmetics.

No comments:

Post a Comment