Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Coastal Scents 28 Neutral Palette

I've done some cleaning up and throwing away the last bits of expired eye shadows. I didn't know eye shadows expire but it makes perfect sense. It's made using ingredients and those ingredients will go bad over time.

So it was time to say goodbye to a few shadows as well as some lipsticks, gloss and misc. face stuffs.

I kept thinking about things that could give me the best bang for my buck and provide good quality. Coastal Scents immediately came to mind and I decided to finally give their products a try. They're also cruelty free, which is always a good thing with cosmetic companies.


The Knobs and Bobs:

Since I prefer a more neutral or natural look I decided that the 28 Neutral Palette would suite me best.

They even threw in four dime sized samples! I don't really wear color but the blues would look gorgeous during summer vacation or a beach/trip to the coast.


I waited until a sale came up and purchased all of this for only $9.95!



Look at all those lovely neutrals!

The only oddball color looks like that one bright pink to the left of the palette.

For the price many of these are very nice quality. The pans are slightly larger than a quarter.

I love how everything is together in one palette. I would strongly recommend a base or primer before applying though.



Swatches:

I swatched every two columns from right to left. The shadows have no names (other than the samples)...so I'll improvise! Colors are shown swatched dry with no primer or base.

Clockwise from the brown~

Thunderous- Dark olive brown
Reef Blue- Light aqua
Cloud White- Creamy off white
Paris Green- Dark aqua green

Aside from the white, the shadows are a little chalky. But the colors are very nice and different from what I usually get.







Swatches shown from top to bottom and right to left:




Dark Chaco- Dark chocolate brown (shimmer)
Fawn- Light yellow based brown (matte)
Willow- Dark brown (shimmer)
Noir- Gray/Black with red glitter specs (shimmer)
Dusty- Very light brown cream (matte)
Sahara- Yellow khaki (matte)
Brisket- Light brick brown (matte)
Oak- Milk chocolate brown (matte)





My favorite color range!

Rosemary- Dark rose pink (shimmer)
Lantern- Light orange gold (matte)
Postcard- Bright box brown (shimmer)
Antique- Sable cream (matte)
Blushing- dusty mauve pink (matte)
Caramel- Muted gold cream (matte)
Cobbler- Rich gold brown (shimmer)
Pebble- Muted dark lilac (matte)


Most of the light colors don't show up against my skin. The formula for the light colors is hard to see, most appear to have a sheen to them.

Corduroy- Soft pink brown (matte)
Oh My!- Bright cool pink (matte)
Teddy- Light yellow brown (matte)
Fossil- Earthy brown (matte)
Twine- Eggshell white
Newsprint- gray off white
Bikini- Sandy white
Oatmeal- brown off white



Peachy Keen- Light peach (shimmer)
Marble- Muted stone white
Barely- Light skin toned (shimmer)
Marsh Mellow- Chalk white





Final Thoughts:

I'm very pleased with this palette! Some very nice colors that are a step up from drugstore brands for a fraction of the cost. Some of them aren't as pigmented and require a few extra swipes, but they show up just fine with a primer or shadow base underneath. 

I don't see the need to purhcase anymore eye shadows so my original goal has been met. hopefully these will last me a good while.

If anyone is interested in their cosmetics line they also carry many other products and shadow/blush palettes. If you are interested in more information on the palettes there are many reviews online and youtube that may be helpful.


No comments:

Post a Comment