Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Drugstore Gems

Due to my pale and sensitive skin I usually steer clear of drugstore cosmetics or face products. They either never have my shade or the product irritates my face. But I've been noticing a rise in natural, organic or sensitive conscious brands appearing in local CVS and Walgreens around town. So I thought I would try a few things out.

Also lipstick. Because I love me some good lipstick...especially when it's on sale.


The Knobs and Bobs

I've had my eye on the 'Simple' brand for a few months. I have their facial cleansing wipes and absolutely love them! So I gave their makeup remover and moisturizer a try.

Both products work great!

Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer with SPF 15 is a wonderful facial product that I will be purchasing again. It goes on smooth and light, not oil build up or strong scent. The only thing I could faintly smell was light sunscreen and since I burn easily I didn't mind that at all. After a month of use I have not experienced any breakouts or irritation.

Simple Eye Make-Up Remover is effective and gentle. It removes all makeup without irritating my eyes! It's advertised right on the bottle that it can remove waterproof mascara and it actually does a really decent job at it. I will be purchasing again once this bottle is empty.


If you love those little egg shaped eos (evolution of smooth) lip balms then you might like their shaving cream.

eos is a fun brand with really neat packaging and decent products. I hate shaving my legs in the shower, it's a hassle. So I've been looking for a good dry shaving cream. This product claims on the bottle that it can be used wet or dry and I've heard some good things about it, so decided to give it a try.

It actually can be used dry but I found that having a damp rag and using a little water helps. All shaving creams tend to leave my legs dry irritated but not problems with this one. It smells very fresh and left my legs feeling smooth , soft and moisturized.


And last, but certainly not least, the lipstick.


Rimmel London has a fairly new line of 'moisture renew' lipstick. Since there was a buy 1 get 2nd 50% off I decided to try a few. It's getting close to fall so I chose a few neutral or slightly darker colors.

The formula is very soft and creamy. They're not as moisturizing as a lip balm and don't really stay on longer than an hour, but for less than $6 they were a pretty good buy.

My natural lips are already pretty pigmented so I've been very fortunate when it comes to using dark or neutral colors. The only colors I can't seem to pull off are very light pinks and nudes. So I was very happy that Rimmel had two darker/pinkish nudes that I could actually pull off without washing my lips out.



From top to bottom:

Dusty Rose - Brown pink with slight shimmer (slight shimmer)
To Nude or Not to Nude? - Neutral pink (frost)
Latino - bright berry pink (shimmer)
Let's Get Naked - Peachy nude cream (no shimmer)

All colors are gorgeous and would compliment any skin tone. All colors listed are moisturizing. I experienced very little dryness or peeling after wearing them.



I love the colors and formula of this line! Can't wait to grab a few more while they're on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment