Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Julep Lucky Mystery Box

Julep released their Mystery Box for the month of March!

I really liked their mystery box last month, in that we could choose what type of products we would be receiving. This time it was all polish (10 of them!) with the exception of  a 3 fl oz. hand scrub and some..flower seeds? But no complaints from me on the flowers, Forget-Me-Nots are one of my favorites! They were probably added in as a special little freebie.

I purchased the $25 Shannon Box and added the $15 mystery bundle at check out for a total of $40.

The Box:


This month is an interesting variety of colors and finishes. From darks to lights and cream finish to crackle.

I was very lucky that none of the products sent were overlaps of colors I already own.





The Knobs & Bobs:



The Lucky Mystery Box I chose came with 'Shannon', a pretty mint green shimmer with a silk/matte finish.

This is a really pretty color!


The finish is soft and dries very quickly.








From left to right:

Tatiana- Autumn orange glitter
Clara- Peachy nude cream
Blakely- Purple/Green chrome
Char- Dark navy blue cream
Fiore- Deep brown purple cream
Alaina- Taupe cream
Shannon- Mint green shimmer silk





I will be giving these three away to one of my younger sisters who is also into nail polish.

I already own a white and the other two polishes just don't look good with my skin tone.

From left to right:

Kennedy- Yellow tinted tan cream
Nicolette- White cream
Sabrina- Orange glitter crackle




And finally we have these:

Forget-Me-Not flower seeds
Glycolic Hand Scrub with natural apricot seeds
Freedom Polymer Top Coat (very very tiny 3 mL size)

I will be planting the seeds once the weather gets a bit warmer!

The Glycolic scrub is an exfolient for your hands and body. This product is paraben and sulfate-free.

At only 3 mL this is good sized top coat sample.

Final Thoughts:

I have to admit that I'm not crazy about most of the box. Many of these I felt were left over fall/winter stock. Some of them can be found on sale at Julep.com for under $5. It may have just been my bad luck that I received mostly dark colors though. But this box still does have a great deal of product for $40! Any polishes I don't like I can easily use as gifts for friends and family. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment