Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Silver Coin Surprise!

Very few people know this, but I am an avid coin collector. I've been collecting them since I was 10 years old. It's a personal collecting so I rarely ever talk about it. But I was just given an awesome surprise gift from my father and had to show it off because it's..just really really cool.




I was born the year of the dragon in 1988. So this coin is extra special to me. It has the coolest packaging I've ever seen for a special edition coin!


It comes in a hand sized box like this. The box alone is pretty darn neat.












And when you open the box you are greeted to a small dragon egg! The egg itself is part of the collection. It's actually a pretty sturdy plastic and has a soft matte texture.
















The case screws open into two halves to reveal the information tag and gorgeous coin.












Is that not the coolest looking coin ever?!

It's a mint .999 silver $2 coin from New Zealand. They made 8000 of this particular coin and the tag that came with it says this one is #428 of the bunch.

This coin was part of the 2012 Lunar Year of the Dragon series.






While I'm on the subject, I have two more really neat silver pieces. One is a coin and the other is a 1 troy ounce silver bar. Both are also oriental in theme. The panda/bamboo detail in the coin is gorgeous. Both were made in 2013, the Year of the Snake.




No comments:

Post a Comment