Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Julep Cupid's Mystery Box

Julep had a limited mystery box special for the month of love!

During early February Julep offered 3 different mystery boxes for either Mani, Pedi or makeup lovers. I decided to try the makeup lovers box with the polish 'Lindy'.



For under $30 I got all of these lovely products!

I haven't had a chance to try any of Juleps new makeup and this box gave me a great opportunity at a fraction of the price. I loved everything in it!





The Knobs&Bobs:

The Lindy Box came with 3 polishes, on top of all the makeup!

'Nan'- A bright berry orange.
'Lindy'- An opaque pink/purple effects polish with large shimmer flecks. Polish mattes as it dries. This polish is very unique!
'America'- A fun red glitter polish with small silver and blue glitter bits mixed in as well as large silver glitter stars. Festive!



I also added a polish add-on of 'Karen', which is a slightly opaque peachy/nude glitter polish. My room lighting does the color no justice. It is a much prettier color in natural lighting.



Juleps Sweep Shadow Palette in  'Neutrals' is your basic natural browns and nude shades. The colors are creamy and pigmented with no fall out on the face. But like all palettes it can get a little messy if you're not careful and one color may fall into another color. The palette itself is quite small and could easily fit in a purse or on-the-go makeup bag. The only thing I'm not too keen on is the cardboard material used. The magnet is very strong and will not open without some force. The latch is very weak though and feels like it could tear easily. But those small issues aside, I really like the palette!


Juleps Rock Star Hand Creme works wonderfully and smells wonderful to boot! The twist ring cap makes this a great product to carry on the go.

The Boho Glam Lengthening Mascara in 'Espresso Brown' looks great with my light skin and blond hair. The product goes on smoothly and does lengthen my lashes. I wasn't aware that Julep even had a mascara so it was a very pleasant surprise!

The last product in the box was something I've had my eye on for a while and that would be their Blank Canvas Mattifying Eye Primer. I've been in need of a new primer for a while now and this has to be one of the best I've ever used! It keeps my lids oil free and holds any shadow I put on in place all day. Amazing product!


Final Thoughts:

Just like last time I am very pleased with my mystery box! The products included would cost well over $100 if I were to buy them individually. I will definitely be purchasing more mystery boxes in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment