Wednesday, February 19, 2014

February 2014 ipsy Bag

It's the month of love and romance! It's also that time of the month where all my beauty subscription goodies start appearing at my doorstep.

ipsy had a great variety of beauty items available for their monthly subscribers.

If you are interested in ipsy's Glam Bag and the subscription service they provide, please feel free to visit my referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/r/1ejo

The Knobs:

-Zoya nail polish in 'Dot'
-Jesse's Girl 'The Eyes Have It' compact
-J.Cat Beauty lashes in (EL747XS)
-Pop Beauty Plump Pout mini in 'Peony Petal'
-First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser




The Bobs:

Zoya's 'Dot' is a lovely sheer pink polish. It looks very nice and clean on my light complexion but also looks great on ladies with darker skin tones. Zoya is a great polish line!

The Jesse's Girl eye shadow compact I received had mainly earthy green shades. The colors are very pretty but the shadow itself is hard to build. It comes off as chalky most of the colors have a lot of fall out. But if I use a good eye primer and build the color a little it will stay put for a few hours. Again, very pretty colors. (:

I have never worn false eyelashes before. So I watched a few Youtube videos on how to apply them and decided to give them a try. I have to say that I actually liked them! I don't see myself really wearing them anywhere other then a party or night out, but the particular style I received looked very natural and complimented my own lashes well. These J.Cat Beauty lashes came with some glue so that made everything ten times easier for me to try. Nice, affordable and flattering.

Pop Beauty is a pretty new brand to me. They seem to be on the more affordable side of cosmetics and have a variety of products to choose from. The Pout Mini I received is a gorgeous spring pink color! The product goes on smooth, not to sticky and has great color pay off. The only thing that bothers me a little was the odd vanilla smell the product has.

And finally we have the First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay. I have sensitive skin so it can be a challenge to find a good cleanser that won't irritate the skin or dry me out badly. The product works great! While I was a little dry after using it I never noticed any irritation or redness.

Final Thoughts:

A very good bag this month, way to go ipsy! For $10 I couldn't ask for anything better. (:


No comments:

Post a Comment