Thursday, June 26, 2014

IPSY June 2014

I received my Ipsy bag a day or two after Glam Rooms were updated. But I've been very busy with personal things this month. Very excited about everything I got!


The Knobs

- Be a Bombshell 'Lash Out Mascara' in Black ($15)
- Jesse's Girl 'Waterproof Liquid Liner' in Black ($7)
- NYX Butter Gloss in 'Apple Strudel' ($5)
- Marc Anthony 'Dream Waves Beach Spray' (full size retails $8.79)
- Essence of Beauty Fine Fragrance Body Mist in 'Forever Paris' (2 oz. $3)

Total Bag Worth = around $30-32!


The Bobs

Be a Bombshells Lash Out mascara had a very strong bad chemical smell, but worked fine. No smearing or smudging. It must have been from a bad batch or something.

 *Edit: After more use it does seem to irritate my eyes more than I'm comfortable with. I contacted IPSY care and was told that after Be a Bombshell was alerted to the high amount of unsatisfied members they tested it again and reported it to be safe. They stated that the company doesn't add fragrance so that sensitive skin isn't irritated and that's why it smells. I'm fine with not receiving a replacement. If this product is supposed to smell like this then I would rather throw away the one I have and be done with it.

My grandmother taught me a valuable simple lesson growing up...if it smells bad don't touch it. There are plenty of natural oils that are non-irritant that could be used. There's no excuse for that smell. It's putrid.


Jesse's Girl is a great affordable brand. But this liquid liner had multiple reports of exploding once opened. My own liner was leaking a little so I let it sit upright a few hours. It works fine now and has a very nice fine felt tip for more controlled application.


The liner can dot thick, thin and anything in between. I noticed a slight problem with running but it's only noticeable when very close. Once it's on though, it's incredibly hard to get off. So it would probably make a great liner for summer traveling.

NYX is another affordable brand and I love their Lip Butters! Very pretty color, smooth non-sticky application and a nice selection of colors.

Apple Strudel is a pretty and bright pink color and will compliment almost any skin tone.

I tend to not use hair styling products so I was excited to try something new and venture out of my comfort zone. The Beach Spray smells very nice and does exactly what it's supposed to do, give you the appearance that you've been swimming in the ocean. Ipsters were given a large 1.52 oz sample size.

I've seen Essence of Beauty products in local CVS stores. It's a good dupe for Bath & Body Works mists and the price is very affordable. Ipsters were given a 2 oz. travel size.


Final Thoughts

This month had a great selection and value for Ipsy subscribers! I loved the products I received and any issues were fortunately minimal.

*A word of warning concerning the Jessie's Girl liquid liner. There are many woman on Ipsy right now very upset due to their liner exploding and splattering waterproof black liquid all over themselves and anything around then after pulling the cap off. Be cautious when opening and contact IPSY if you run across this issue.

*Edit: Be a Bombshell claims that, even though the mascara has a very putrid smell, it is perfectly safe to use. Use at your own discretion. Personally, I find the product irritating to the eyes and will be throwing mine away.

No comments:

Post a Comment