Wednesday, May 21, 2014

IPSY May 2014

It's that time of the month again! My ipsy bag came in the mail last week!

This months theme is 'Fresh Picks' for Spring.


The Knobs:

Avène: Thermal Spring Water
- Pacifica: Mineral Eyeshadow Duo #1
- Hang Ten: Classic Sport SPF 50
- Nailtini polish in Bloody Mary
- pur~lisse: pur~moist hydra~balance moisturizer 




The Bobs:




I was interested in trying this due to the early high heat temperatures where I live. It is very refreshing to spray on the face or arms.

The can does provide a very convenient travel container and it is very cooling. 

But there's nothing special about it. It's literally just water in a can. 


I really like products from Pacifica. This particular eyeshadow is Duo #1 which has the colors 'Celestial' and 'Opal'.

The tones for this duo are very flattering and light. It does take some building for full pigmentation and there is can be significant fallout. I had to wear eye primer to get this product to stay on my lids.

But it does look really nice and fresh so I will be getting a lot use out of this.






Nailtini has some really nice nail polishes.

I don' have any bright cherry reds so I was very excited to see this in my bag!

It applies smoothly and can take two coats to be fully opaque. A good deal of chipping appears after 24 hours so a top coat is highly advised.


Hang Ten is a brand I'm unfamiliar with. I burn very easily and never tan. Having a travel size SPF 50 sunblock in my purse is always a good idea!

Sunblock has a very specific smell. However, this tube really didn't have much of a smell.

There's only enough product for 2-4 uses, depending on where you apply. I may be purchasing the full size. (:





pur~moist is a very nice moisturizer. The smell is very light and quite pleasant. I have combination skin and did not notice any oil build up or flakyness when using pur~lisse. This is a very small sample but enough to last a bout a week or so.

The full size seems to go for around $55, which is pretty pricey. 






Final Thoughts:

I really like the variety this month and getting to try so many different product types/brands! A very good mix of skin care and makeup. A full size eye shadow duo, nail polish and water spray is worth much more than $10. An excellent value!

No comments:

Post a Comment