Saturday, January 17, 2015

ColourPop Cosmetics

ColourPop is a new 'made in the USA' cosmetics company that's affordable and animal friendly (they don't test on animals)! They have a unique shadow pot formula and really great lipstick and lip pencils (or Lippie Stix). Every shadow and lip product is only $5 with free shipping on any $30 purchase. So I had to buy a few things!


My first order included two shadows in the colors '3' and 'Amaze', both have a gorgeous metallic finish and the formula has to be one of the best I've tried. They come pressed with a into white pots with a screw on lid. They are bouncy and very soft/creamy to the touch. Apply the shadow with your fingertip and then blend with a soft synthetic brush. I have never experienced any fall out or creasing with these! I then purchased 2 Lippie Stix and 2 Lippie Pencils in the matching colors 'Lumiere' and 'Frida', both are gorgeous nude pink colors! 'Frida' is a brighter warm nude pink in a satin finish. 'Lumiere' is a darker cool dusty pink in a matte finish. The Lippie Stix work best and last longer when used with their Lippie Pencil counterparts.


The Lippie Stix twist up as you use it while the Lippie Pencils need to be sharpened as they are worn down. The packaging is solid and easy to take on-the-go.

Here are swatches in order from top to bottom: 3, Amaze, Frida and Lumiere (Pencil/Stix).


They are all really gorgeous colors! Very pigmented and creamy.


I liked everything in the first order so much and with the new matte shadows released on ColourPop's site, I had to try a few more things. I made an account on the site and received a $5 off coupon which I used to get one of the shadows shown for free. $30 for all of this was a really good deal!

-Swatches and photos taken in dim indoor lighting.

 ('Mittens' matte)

 ('Girl Crush' matte)

 ('Desert' matte)

('Hanky Panky' matte) 

('Cop A Feel' matte)

('Sequin' metallic) 

('I Heart This' metallic) 


Swatches shown in order from top to bottom: Mittens, Girl Crush, Desert, Hanky Panky, Cop A Feel, Sequin and I Heart This. Cop A Feel is almost invisible on my skin. All of the colors and finishes are beautiful!


Final Thoughts:

I am in love with ColourPop! Their products are animal friendly, affordable, great quality and made right here in the US. The company seems really nice as well, with both orders I received a hand written note saying thank you or offering a positive quote.

I look forward to seeing what new things come from ColourPop this year. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment